Admit it, you're usually too busy to think about taking time for yourself. Shoot! You may not have taken time to treat yourself in MONTHS! You wear yourself so thin your patience is gone and then you wonder why you feel so miserable.
You're not alone. I do it too, along with most of the women you know. Maybe you think you don't have the time, or you don't really need to do something just for yourself.
Maybe you feel guilty, thinking it's selfish. But it's not. When you treat yourself you look at life with a clearer vision. You're a little bit nicer to everyone you meet. You might even be nicer to those you love.
Well Girl, it's your time right now. Indulge! Because life is supposed to be sweet.
- Cuddle with a furry friend under a warm blanket in a quiet place, thinking of all the things you are grateful for. Write a note to someone on that list telling them how much you cherish having them in your life.
- Visit the library and browse a section you wouldn’t normally consider. Read some poems, look at art books, indulge in a trashy novel or learn a new skill. Check out only something that inspires you.
- Take a nap and sleep until you are fully rested. Before you get up, take in a full breath, pause, then completely release it. Feel the ground beneath your feet as you rise. Devote yourself entirely to the moment before going back to your day.
- Write affirmations on your mirror and embrace yourself exactly as you are. Acknowledge the infinite universe and how small your problems really are Recognize your beauty, the inside as well as the outside.
- Try a new restaurant with an uplifting friend. Consider trying a food you have never tried before. Buy something the two of you can share. Be sure to enjoy dessert.
- Turn on your favorite music. Dance, lie down, or sit with a cup of coffee and listen intently. Allow the music to flow through every part of you.
- Create art. Draw, doodle, paint, write a poem or color in a coloring book. Feel your creativity flow through you. Express your uniqueness in your chosen art form.
- Attend a class, lecture or event and learn something you’ve always wanted to try.
- Clean out your closet. Hold each piece and consider carefully. Ditch anything doesn’t fit properly or you don’t want to take into your future. Remind yourself you deserve to feel as beautiful as you are.
- Buy yourself something pretty, something that brings a smile to your face and joy in your heart. Hold it close to you and relish in gratitude, reminding yourself that you deserve the best life has to offer.
You can always come by and visit me on the Island for a boost in your spirits. Until then, be good to yourself!
Visit the Island here! and Keep in touch here!
Sina Sena is a small island, Alaska girl, who has BIG goals! She is a novice coffee connoisseur loves romance novels and is always down to eat sweets! She is married to her high school sweetheart, and they are trying to not get run over by their three boys! As a mom she believes that it is important to maintain her own identity and knows she is better because she works hard everyday to pursue her own goals. If you ever want to talk business, it is what makes her want to leap out of bed everyday (except in the winter, because Alaska is freaking cold then)!